The amount of clothing you get each child is directly correlated to how much laundry you want to do and your lifestyle. I wash 1-2 times per week. I try to make sure everyone has enough clothing for the week in case we get busy and I don’t do laundry as planned. And my little dude is messier than his big sisters so he usually gets more clothes. He is also growing faster which is a huge bummer so I try to only buy him what he needs.
And, even though I am an aspiring minimalist….I almost always buy too much!
We currently live in Utah. For the summer we need a lot of play clothes. 1-2 church/fancy outfits. Pajamas. A few sweatshirts or zip up coats.
MY TODDLER BOY’S “CAPSULE” WARDROBE
SUMMER PLAY CLOTHES
- 1-2 pairs of play shoes. Crocks. Target shoes.
- 4-6 pairs of play shorts.
- 1 pack of socks. (We don’t wear socks like we should.)
- 6-8 nice tee shirts
- 6-8 dress down t-shirts (extra/backup shirts)
- Batman & other superhero shirts are in that mix!
- 6-8 pairs of nontoxic pajamas (We love Cat & Jack snug fit, cotton)
- *****READ more about nontoxic pajamas here! Not sure if yours are nontoxic?
- 10 pair of undies. LOVE THESE! We sized up to Boys Size Small for my 3 year old. These were too small.
- We use these nighttime pull-up diapers! I’m obsessed with this company!
- ***MY FAVORITE BAMBOO DIAPERS THAT ARE THE BOMB! Get a FREE AWESOME BACKPACK! I have 2! I use one backpack as a diaper bag and one as a gym bag.
THE BEST SAFE, AFFORDABLE NATURAL DISPOSABLE DIAPER BRAND
Why I love this brand…..
- It’s super easy to order.
- Their customer service is THE BEST.
- They don’t stink.
- They are SUPER absorbent!
- The cost is consistent.
- They are inexpensive for safe, natural bamboo diapers…..that actually work!!!
- They only have one color. It’s simple. I love simple.
COUPON AND PROMO CODES FOR FREE STUFF!
- Free Diaper Bag!
- BOGO (2 for 1)
- Free Baby Carrier
- 50% Off First Month
- Free Diaper Caddy
- Free Sophie Giraffe
FOR A COLD DAY IN BETWEEN
- 1-2 sweatshirts in case it gets cold. We got these on sale!
- 1-2 pairs of pants in case it gets cold and left over from winter. These are THE BEST PANTS for nice attire. These sweatpants or joggers for play.
- MOM PRO TIP!!! Buy pants with tighter bottoms (not flair or straight leg) so that you can buy a size or 2 up and roll up the bottoms! They can last a year or two!
- 1 warm spring/fall jacket The best things ever. We use these almost every day in Utah.
CHURCH / DRESSY CLOTHES
- 2 church outfits. Like these from Carter’s or these from Walmart.
- 1 pair of church shoes. The Ewald Flats from Target are to die for!
COATS & ALL SEASON ATTIRE
- 1 Rain Coat for summer
- 1 Pair of Rain Boots for summer
- 1 Pair of Snow Boots
- 1 Heavy Coat & Snow Suit for Winter (Separate Post on Winter)
This brand made me switch after 8 years of cloth diapering to using disposable diapers!!! Read the full post here.
MY FAVORITE BRANDS AND PLACES TO SHOP
I am really picky. I like my kids to look cute and also be comfy. I think play clothes should be comfortable. I also hate to purchase and repurchase when things don’t last a season.
My favorite brands are….
I also buy from these places once a year or so…..
- Nordstrom Rack
- Walmart Carter’s
SHOP THIS POST
TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT SOME OUTFIT IDEAS FOR YOUR TODDLER BOY
Toddler Boy Functional Drawstring Jersey Summer Shorts from Old Navy. $6. Not too long. Not too snug. Not too warm. Comfy but cute. | 6 pack white cotton tees!
My favorite shoes for toddler boys I get at Target for always under $19.99 and often around $9.99.
Let’s talk about socks for a minute. Moms. Hear me. Socks will drive you insane. Getting all the same color socks will save you some of the sanity you have left. I totally get it though. The cute socks get me EVERY TIME. I am a sucker for cute kids clothes…..socks included. BUT, trust me. Get the white socks. Just do it. And trust me on this.
I am obsessed with Carter Toddler Boy sets. The shorts fit AWESOME. The shirts are sometimes too short but they are often the only shorts that aren’t too tight or too long. They are COMFY for my boy. So, every year I buy 2-4 sets of these! Like this set at Carters. This set is at Kohls. The sets at Walmart are my favorite!
Walmart Carters Child of Mine Toddler Boy Outfit Set. $13.96 for all three! (12M-5T)No tags for this post.