This post was most recently updated on November 16th, 2018
This blog is my way of sharing my research with you. I am not an expert. I’m an everyday military wife, mommy of 3, Catholic Convert, photographer, minimalist-isa, reader & researcher. After I research the best choice for my family, I want to share that with you! I try everyday to be more Christ-like. I love to learn and grow from you all. I love to build community with you all. Please message me and comment! I want to get to know you better and work together on this healthy journey to live our best lives!
WHO IS TORI?
- military wife.
- mommy of 3.
- Catholic convert.
- avid reader & researcher.
- essential oil user & natural home enthusiast.
I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT.
i have many passions. learning is at the crux of all of them.
- God. Faith. Catholicism.
- health. wellness.
- self/body image.
- happiness. success.
- marriage. family.
- parenting. mothering.
- photography. [I closed my high end, high school senior photography business for this blog and my wellness & essential oils journey.]
- minimalism. simplicity.
- literacy. books.
- habits. character building.
FUN FACTS ABOUT TORI
- i have lived in 13 states so far….yikes…up to 15 now!
- i went to 4 different high schools in 4 different states.
- i went to 3 schools in 8th grade.
- i went to 4 different undergraduate colleges (in 4 different states) + 1 for my masters degree.
- I’m a Jayhawk! I went to the University of Kansas & the University of Denver!
MY WELLNESS JOURNEY.
- After having kids I wanted to do better with wellness.
- I slowly learned what was toxic and how to eliminate it and what to replace it with.
- I started with all things “fragrant” and replaced them with essential oils.
- I replaced all my cleaners with one plant based cleaner. And the best microfiber cloths.
- I replaced my kitchen items with a paperless kitchen & a plastic free kitchen.
- I replaced my nonstick cookware with this safe nonstick cookware.
- Read the rest of My Toxin Free Home swaps here.
- It’s a journey. It takes time. It’s a process. It’s fun and also frustrating.
- Message me so I can help you along your journey and walk along beside you.
WHAT IS FITORI & FITORIBLOG?
- My first fitness, nutrition and wellness blog was FITori BLOG. started it around 2006 I think! Wow what a long time ago! I I journaled there about my experience preparing for a fitness competition & my realization that a healthy, balanced life is more important than looking good. I learned a lot about functional fitness vs dieting and exercising for looks. As I started this new blog here I mourned the loss of the traffic over there but it was the right thing to do and I hope you all followed me here on my new journey to Toxic Free Living!