This is our favorite Kids Smoothie Recipe that kids love and will drink it up! This smoothie is a great way to add greens into children’s diets. I make this smoothie a few times a week to add more greens to their diet as an after-dinner treat. I make a lot and when we have extras I make smoothie pops from molds like these. Smoothie pops make a great treat when the kids are sick or when I want to entice them to get in the bath. They always run to the bath for smoothie pops!
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click on these links and make a purchase you will support my family and my blog at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog by sharing my journey and the products my family uses and loves.
PIN TO YOUR HEALTHY RECIPES BOARD
BEST KIDS SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Confession: I don’t measure. I just add ingredients and then blend and taste! My kids love this recipe.
- MY HOMEMADE JUICE (FIND IT HERE)The base of this recipe is my homemade juice.
2 cups or so to start.
Find out more here.
- HIGH QUALITY, ORGANIC, FULL FAT GREEK YOGURT We are now dairy free, gluten free and sugar free so we are using a cashew version that is GREAT!
We use at least a cup of “yogurt.” I use Instacart for my groceries to save time and money!
- FROZEN ORGANIC BERRIES About 2 cups.
I get these at Costco using Instacart! I spend less at Costco using Instacart (even with the fee) and not going in for impulse purchases!
- NUTIVA ORGANIC PROTEIN POWDER (FIND IT HERE)2 scoops.
- ORGANIC RAW SPINACH
I fill the rest with as much spinach as I can get away with and they will still drink it!
I get spinach a few times a week either at my local grocery store or Costco using Instacart!
- COLLAGEN (ONLY THIS BRAND) I only use this brand for the health benefits. I add a couple scoops!
- FLAXSEED OIL OR WHOLE ORGANIC FLAXSEEDS
I use this Flaxseed Oil or these Whole Organic Seeds.
(Ground Flaxseeds are already going rancid so buy whole and keep in the fridge or freezer!)
- If it’s too thick, I add juice until it’s just right.
- If it’s too thin, I add a handful of berries.
SMOOTHIE TOOLS YOU NEED!
THE BEST BLENDER
My favorite blender and the PRICE IS SO GOOD….The Ninja!!!!
I have this pricey, fancy Vitamix and I have to tell you…I don’t like it as much as my mom’s NINJA!!!! I researched this Blendtec and decided on the Vitamix after a friend recommended but I have to tell you….my favorite blender is my mom’s NINJA!!!!
SAFE SMOOTHIE CUPS FOR KIDS
We don’t use plastic at our house. I have a whole post about our plastic-free, zero waste kitchen here.
This our safe, natural, smoothie cup set up we use….
- These tall mason jars.
- These silicone jar jackets.
- These lids & straws to match.
- You can get a whole set here!