This monster cookie recipe is a favorite at our house. We have learned to substitute the chocolate chips and the m&ms for Whole Foods versions with less chemicals, food dyes and yucky stuff.
I adapted this recipe from the original that I used many years ago by using natural versions of the chocolate chips and M&Ms from Whole Foods without all the yucky stuff. I also swapped out the sugary peanut butter with an only-peanut version with no added sugar. I also adjusted the recipe so that I could use an entire jar of peanut butter so it was less cleanup than making a mess with an extra spatula and measuring cup. And, removed some of the sugar and karo corn syrup. Oh, and I also made them smaller when I make the minis and we love those, because really, these are too big!
WARNING: Do not try to double in a 5 quart Kitchenaid.
MONSTER COOKIE RECIPE
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar (packed)
- 3 eggs
- 2 c PB (one 16 oz jar of creamy all natural)
- 1/4 t pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 c reg. oatmeal uncooked
- 2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 c M&Ms (natural from health food store)
- 1 (6 0z) package semi-sweet choco chips (natural from health food store)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter with mixer.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well until fluffy.
- Add eggs, PB, vanilla & corn syrup. Beat well.
- On lowest mixer setting, add oatmeal, baking soda, salt. Stir well.
- Add M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Mix by hand before putting on pans.
- Drop dough 1/4 c at a time on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by 1/8 c at a time to make MINI MONSTER COOKIES.
- Bake 350 deg for 12 min. Centers will be slightly soft but will “harden”
What’s your favorite not-so-healthy recipe that you make occasionally? Post a link below if it’s online!
If you try this recipe, PLEASE let me know what you think!!!!
PIN THIS TO PINTEREST….