I went on a quest to search for what to eat this year. There is so much confusion out there. There is so much misinformation.
One book says eat all fruit. One says to be vegan. Some vegans eat only pop tarts. That’s not healthy. Others eat lots of rice and beans. Is that healthy?
Do we need meat? Does it cause cancer or offer the fats we need? What is inflammatory? What isn’t? Can we eat fruit or does it cause our blood sugar to spike too much? Can I add butter to my veggies? How do I cook them? Is raw the only way?
Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! So, I went on a quest to find the answer…..
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on links in this post, I may receive a small commission at no extra expense to you! Thank you for supporting this blog and my family!
Here’s what I found…..
These two books helped me to truly understand what we need to eat in order to…..
- feed our cells to prevent disease.
- remove inflammatory foods that affect our guts and cause our gut lining to be compromised.
- lower/manage our blood sugar.
Other books I love!
We basically eat…..
1. AIP (Auto Immune Paleo) which is a stricter version of Paleo (in the books above)
2. PLUS lectin free (Read about that in Dr. Gundry’s books)