The following are the recipe adaptations I used for my ebook.
I have done extensive research on recipe copyrights.
I am a photographer and I understand photograph copyrights. It seems that recipe copyrighting is more complex. Here is what I learned….
- INGREDIENT LIST. Apparently an ingredient list cannot be copyrighted. You can take an ingredient list and use it as your own.
- DIRECTIONS & INSTRUCTIONS. You cannot copy and paste a recipe’s directions.
None of the recipes in my ebook were taken from another website or place without being adapted to make them my own. But many of them started from another recipe and I’ve adapted them over time.
I wanted to share my favorite recipes with you in my ebook, but putting the entire recipe and not a link to another website and then the adaptations. I thought that printing my own recipes and then crediting the original source here would be the best way to do that.
I also don’t want to be a jerk. I hope this is the right way to do it. I want to give credit where credit is due and I am in aww of the women who started blogs before me and were on the forefront of the nontoxic home movement…..before it took off and before we all started to catch on. Thank you for all of your hard work, effort and original creations.
I have some original creations on my blog. For example, I have some original baby led weaning hacks that I am happy for others to share. I appreciate credit posted back when used. That’s awesome and so nice.
At the end of the day, the point of this blog and others is not for our own recognition but to help others. Helping others is the goal. Being realistic, we do also all have bills to pay and our time is valuable and getting a paycheck for our work is important to feed our families or pay for college or dance classes or whatever. So, I don’t want to take any business away from anyone else.
CREDITS FOR RECIPE ADAPTATIONS IN MY EBOOK
- Sal Suds Dishwasher Detergent Recipe adapted from The Johnston’s blog.
- Thieves HHC & Detergent Recipe adapted from Lemon, Lavender & Laundry.
- Fabric Softener Recipes adapted from Bren Did.
- Sal Suds information from Lisa Bronner. (sister, wife & daughter to those who run Dr. Bronner’s Soaps)
HOW TO GET YOUR TOXIN-FREE HOME EBOOK.