This post was updated on November 10th, 2018.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This gluten free carrot banana raisin muffin was a suggestion from a friend of mine. It has no flour and no sugar. This is a recipe that her entire large family raved about and she had to share it with me. I’m so glad she shared it with me because we love it also. I love my smart friends and learning from them! You all are the best resource a girl could have.
We made an adjustment to the original recipe by changing the dried fruit. There is no flour and no sugar in this recipe. It’s gluten-free. They are sweetened entirely with fruit. They taste fantastic! They make the house smell fantastic and I think they’re even better after they cool.
CARROT BANANA RAISIN MUFFIN RECIPE
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cidar vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine raisins, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil
- I often put these ingredients in a large ziplock bag and let the kids “mix” it up for me
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl
- Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined
- Fold in carrots and walnuts
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
Makes 18 muffins
This recipe was adapted from here.[This content has been modified from an article that originally appeared on FIToriBlog on July 29, 2010]
No tags for this post.